A subspecies is a species that has evolved to look or act different. Colours are a major part of subspecies. These are the penultimate of the Biological Classification.
These are a list of common ssp. names. They are usually refered to these:
- Rufino - A mix of Red and Yellow. The yellow is usually on the shell. It might be a mix.
- Ignita - Comes from Ignite. A red, firery colour.
- Bicolor - Has two colours and one of them are from the nominate. All do NOT use English spelling.
- Fascinata - Comes from Facinating. Perhaps the entymologist was very interested in the species?
- Septentrionis -
- Confluens -
- Marlenae -
- Melanique - Has a very dark pigment. This is one of the many different names.
- Decorata - Comes from Decoration. Usually has many spots scattered around the shell.
- Japonicus - This species is ONLY in Japan and is very unique.
- Mandarina - This species is ONLY in China and is very unique.